Tuesday 19 May 2009

Future (ambitious) project?

Have recently been looking at the products that I am selling (and still in production to go on sale) and one of those random thoughts struck me. The perfact addition to accompany my collection? I dont know - so I am looking for some feedback on this.

I am now seriously considering creating a set of Tarot cards. This would involve me drawing out the design for the 21 picture cards and getting them printed some how. Now the printing is an issue that I can face later on down the line. What concerns me is that I dont really know anything about Tarot (always been more of a Rune man myself), but have not been able to shake this feeling that I need to design a deck.

What are your thoughts on this?

*UPDATE* - Another thought occurs! Seeing as one of my passions and strong points is photography, what do you think of a photo based tarot deck. Obviously it wouldn't be straight forward photos, but rather heavily photoshoped in a typical gothika style featuring all the embelishments associated with traditionally based pagan / wiccan / gothic art.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great, something a bit different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun... very origina way of presenting tarot! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that wasnt Phil posting, it was Kat but for some reason googlemail is confused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your input either way. Am starting to develop a pretty firm idea as to how I am going to arrange the art work over the deck. Will post in more detail shortly but it will be incorperating several themes to make a deck that is quite universal in its 'usership' - from novice consultances' to professional readers.

    Keep an eye out for more info over the next few days or weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Followers